Johnson City Partners
July 22,2010 Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order :
Sign in sheets/ Membership forms passed around
Bruce reviewed the treasurers report - including donations and expenses for Carousel Day
Julie reports on the status of the flower planters, looking for people to help water them.
Window Art : not getting a response from emails from Dave at the high school -
Julie thanks everyone who helped with the CFJ clean up on Saturday the 17th - another clean up is scheduled for Friday the 23rd
Discussion on tent set up, parking locations etc.
Bruce discussed a meeting he and Julie had with a lawyer from HH&K that is willing to help with setting up the 501-3c
Also discussed having a way to donate to the JC Partners via the web site
Field days :
- paperwork is due by the end of July
- staffing could be an issue
- setting up an info only booth also discussed
General consensus is to pass on participating on the field days this year and to look into next year
Julie asked for someone to volunteer to look into when BU is having their 'Welcome Day'. Also to get details on setting up a booth there.
Joe discussed an idea of having a Halloween Parade on October 30 on Main St.
- Raffle prizes/ticket prices - discussed
- Proceeds of Carousel Day will be put back into a project for CFJ park
Motion made by Bruce King - 2nd by Bob Olcott to accept the minutes and place on file - motion passed unanimous
Bob Olcott asked if there are any additions or subtractions to the treasurers report, Bruce had none. Julie states report is accepted as read.
Julie asked Bruce if there was a yearly report done, Bruce said that it was on hold until after Carousel Day
Carousel Day : (continued)
- Popcorn machine use donated by the JC Girl's Softball League - bag sizes/prices and supplies discussed
- volunteers still needed for certain time slots
- 5 gallon drink coolers are secured and now not needed
- Shegundas and Red's Kettle are the water supply locations
- Wegmans donating water and other supplies to be picked up
- 2 fire extinguishers needed - Bob said he had 2 to bring
Next meeting is August 5th at Art Allure
Julie reviews the volunteer time slots for Carousel Day
Motion to Adjourn by Bruce